Sunday, January 23, 2011

Work Hard. Play Hard.

Soooooo... I know that is has been a while (sorry to the avid followers), but I completely underestimated how busy I would be with school, work, friends, and going out! To catch everyone up...I will list my top 5 things here that has happened so far.
  1. I SAW HUGH GRANT! Yes. Probably a highlight in my London life. He lives nearby and owns this pub that my friends and I went to for a late happy hour. We were joking about how crazy it would be to see him, and then as soon as we were leaving, my friend Sean goes...don't freak out, but Hugh Grant is at the bar. I did not believe him at first, but it was true! So...moral of the story, we will be frequenting Hollywood Arms much more often.
  2. Shopping. Topshop is the greatest store ever. My dad is probably not liking it as much as me though (good thing he loves me!)
  3. Duro Olowu.  This is where I am interning. He is a fashion designer in London and really has some amazing work. He is going to New York fashion week this year so I have been helping to prepare for that with press lists (who Iman was on with contact info! Crazy!), photoshoots, and interviews with magazine editors! It is pretty much a dream come true. I am possibly also going to Paris for RTW fashion week there at the beginning of March...that is TBD though, but I have my fingers crossed.
  4. Friends. I have some of the best friends here. We are traveling to Amsterdam this coming weekend (which will definitely by blog post worthy).  We have the greatest times going to markets in Notting Hill, going to Topshop, sight seeing, and our other favorite past time-going out. They are pretty much the stars of my picture taking.
  5. Fashion and Sites. The way people dress here is impeccable. So...my new goal for the week, other than to keep this updated more, is to take more pictures of fashion and inspiring shots of London! This is really one of the most amazing places! The Tower Bridge and some of the other sights we have seen have just been great!
Cheers!




No comments:

Post a Comment